Kansas City, KS
1320 VILLAGE WEST PARKWAY
KANSAS CITY, KS 66111
The Kansas of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on 2/12/2020. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations the Famous Dave’s was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Kansas food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 5 violations were found.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- In the bar area a bottle of whiskey and a bottle vermouth, both contained winged insects. COS, PIC discarded.
- In RIC on cook line a food container of raw chicken in milk on wired shelf above a gallon of 2% milk. No leakage detected. COS, PIC rearranged.
- On steam table a metal food pan of mac and cheese temped 130F. COS, PIC reheated mac and cheese to 167F before replacing back on steam table.
- On cook line in refrigerated prep table with an ambient temperature of 34.5F, a metal food container of butter temped 45F. Per PIC the butter was placed in cooler at 9am the current time 11:44am. COS PIC placed butter in RIC to rapidly cool. On far right end of cook line next to shelving unit, refrigerated prep table with ambient temperature of 39.4F has a metal food container of a butter herb mixture with a temp of 52F and Monterrey jack cheese temp of 45F. COS, PIC placed in RIC to rapidly cool. A case of french fries stored between the fryer and flat grill temped at 54F. COS PIC placed in WIC to rapidly cool. In bar area single servings of butter is stored in container. Butter temped at 75F. COS, PIC placed in WIC. In prep area on prep table sour cream temped 65F, 2% Milk 70F, crema 68F, butter milk 64F. All of these items have been sitting out on table for approximately one hour. COS, PIC placed items in WIC to rapid cool.
- Stored clean a plunge quarter stored clean with dried food debris. COS, placed to be cleaned and sanitize. In ice machine water supply tube filled with mold growth. COS, PIC replaced tubing. Stored in warewash area cleaned and dry food containers with stickers and sticker residue. COS, PIC placed containers to be cleaned and sanitize. On a wired rack stored clean metal food containers with stickers and sticker residue. COS, PIC placed containers to be cleaned and sanitize.
Abbreviations used by inspectors:
AVB- An Atmospheric Vacuum Breaker (AVB) is a backflow prevention device used in plumbing to prevent backflow of non-potable liquids into the drinking water system
BOH- Back of the House
CFSM- Certified Food Safety Manager
COS- Corrected on-site during inspection
FCS- Food contact surface
PHF- Potentially Hazardous Foods
RIC- Reach in cooler
RTE- Ready to Eat
WIC- Walk-in cooler