2160 COMMERCE RD
GOODLAND, KS 67735
The Kansas Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on 2/19/2020. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations the Walmart in Goodland was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Kansas food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 6 violations were found.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- 2 of 10 number 10 cans of chili beans had dents on the seems. Educated COS-PIC removed cans from the sales floor.
- In the retail egg section of the store on the top shelf raw eggs 1/2 carton where being stored next to quart containers of pasteurized eggs. Educated COS-PIC moved raw eggs to a different location.
- In the retail meat section of the store raw ground turkey was being stored above raw pork neck bone. No leakage detected. Educated COS-PIC had employee move the raw pork neck bone to an approved location
- In the hot holding case of the deli section gravy had an internal temp of 116F. When asked the employee said she had placed it in the hot holding at 9am. The time the temp was taken was 9:45MT. Educated COS-Employee reheated gravy to 165F.
- At the mop sink in the produce area a “Y” shut off valve was attached to the faucet on of the splits had a hose bib attached the other one did not. The one split that did not have the hose bibb attached to it was hanging below the flood rim. Also, the hose bib that was attached appeared to be leaking. Educated COS-Hose was hung above the flood rim.
- In the sporting good/ outdoor section of the store deer urine was being stored next to (on the same shelf) as spices used to make jerky. On the shelf below that single use freezer paper was being store next to (on the same shelf) scent away. No leakage detected in either location. Educated COS-PIC moved the deer urine to and approved location, same with the freezer paper.
Abbreviations used by inspectors:
AVB- An Atmospheric Vacuum Breaker (AVB) is a backflow prevention device used in plumbing to prevent backflow of non-potable liquids into the drinking water system
BOH- Back of the House
CFSM- Certified Food Safety Manager
COS- Corrected on-site during inspection
FCS- Food contact surface
PHF- Potentially Hazardous Foods
RIC- Reach in cooler
RTE- Ready to Eat
WIC- Walk-in cooler