Wichita, KS 67202
The Kansas Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on 2/17/2020. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations the XY Bar in Wichita was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Kansas food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 5 violations were found.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- At bar the following bottled drinks had dead insects inside: Green Sour Apple Pucker and 1 Bols Cream de Noyaux. COS- Liquors were voluntarily discarded.
- In the tall Pepsi reach in cooler, a carton of Member’s Mark Half and Half did not have an open or discard date. PIC said it was opened 2/13. COS-PIC dated carton
- In the men’s restroom, the water at the hand washing sink has a temperature of 51F after running for 3 minutes.
- At the mop sink, the faucet is not equipped with backflow prevention. Hose was attached to the life side of the faucet, which had a sprayer nozzle that was stored below the flood rim of the mop sink. COS-PIC hung the hose above the flood rim.
- At bar hand washing sink the soap dispenser is not working. COS-PIC put a bottle of soap at the sink.
Abbreviations used by inspectors:
AVB- An Atmospheric Vacuum Breaker (AVB) is a backflow prevention device used in plumbing to prevent backflow of non-potable liquids into the drinking water system
BOH- Back of the House
CFSM- Certified Food Safety Manager
COS- Corrected on-site during inspection
FCS- Food contact surface
PHF- Potentially Hazardous Foods
RIC- Reach in cooler
RTE- Ready to Eat
WIC- Walk-in cooler