Third Street Bakery
729 3RD ST
PHILLIPSBURG, KS 67661
Kansas Department of Agriculture’s food safety and lodging program conducted an unannounced retail food inspection on 3/17/2020. As a result of that inspection, and due to the severity of the specific violations the Third Street Bakery was cited as being, “Out of Compliance” with Kansas food safety regulations. During this inspection a total of 5 violations were found.
The inspector made the following comments in support of the violations found during the inspection:
- Commercially manufactured cream cheese in reach in cooler without a date when opened on package. PIC stated it was opened 3/14. COS dated Commercially manufactured shredded cabbage in reach in cooler without a date on package stating when opened. PIC stated it was opened 3/12. Opened container of commercially manufactured feta without an open date on packaging. PIC thought it was opened 3/11. COS dated.
- Made on site hard-boiled eggs with date pulled from freezer as 3/10, with an unknown prep date, and discard date of 3/16. Turkey held over 7 days with date of prep counted as day 1. Sliced on site commercially manufactured ham in refrigerated prep table-top with date of prep as 3/9. PIC wasn’t sure that was the actual date it was to be discarded, but chose to discard. COS discarded items.
- 2 packages of white bread, 2 packages of wheat bread, and one package of croissants packaged for retail sale in establishment with allergen information on package. PIC stated someone must have forgotten to put the labels on the package, as they had the labels. COS labeled.
- Approximately 10-15 fresh rodent droppings in back area of kitchen under shelving for dry goods, and on piece of cloth on floor in corner of area for dry goods. Evidence of gnawing on a package of food, exposing the food. PIC stated she had monthly contracted pest control in place.
- 4 cans of chafing gel stored on solid shelving in back storage area of kitchen over uncovered to go containers, stacked directly below. COS moved.
Abbreviations used by inspectors:
AVB- An Atmospheric Vacuum Breaker (AVB) is a backflow prevention device used in plumbing to prevent backflow of non-potable liquids into the drinking water system
BOH- Back of the House
CFSM- Certified Food Safety Manager
COS- Corrected on-site during inspection
FCS- Food contact surface
PHF- Potentially Hazardous Foods
RIC- Reach in cooler
RTE- Ready to Eat
WIC- Walk-in cooler